Separator Cleaning & Maintenance Programs
Separator Maintenance: It is essential that separators are regularly maintained. You should not wait until the alarm (if equipped) is activated before a separator is serviced. Your system requires regular maintenance, calibration, and servicing by a team of competent technicians, to reduce the risk of a pollution incident.
To prevent pollution and minimize your costs, you need to manage your separator effectively. Every six months, or in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions, experienced personnel should:
- Physically inspect the integrity of the separator and all mechanical parts.
- Assess the depth of accumulated oil, sludge and silt.
- Service all electrical equipment such as alarms and separator management systems.
- Check the condition of any coalescing device, clean or replace as necessary.
- Some heavily used or high-risk sites might require more frequent inspections.